A note from Nick:
In 2015, after years of doing Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement lessons and teaching them to hundreds of students, I started recording them and offering the recordings online, at no charge, as a personal passion project. My vision was simply to share the life-changing benefits of the Feldenkrais Method as widely as possible. Interest took off, and as the project grew I realized I could not sustain it given my technology costs and volunteered time. On a whim, I created a PayPal donate button and asked my listeners for support.
To my amazement, listeners began to contribute! Then and now, thanks to free-will, heartfelt donations from the global and growing Feldenkrais Project community, there’s still no paywall for students who may not be able to access Feldenkrais classes or one-to-one lessons, or want a great resource for studying Feldenkrais at home.
For the last few years I've been dreaming of having a unique site and name for the growing lesson collection and community. We announced the Feldenkrais Project name in August 2018, and started fundraising for this website in September. The fundraising campaign was a humbling success. We raised over $8000, which we used to pay our web developer, our consultant, and our artist (see below). Construction began January 2019 and the site launched in early March.
The Feldenkrais Project wouldn’t exist without all our listeners and donors, nor without the Founders and Sustainers whose generosity invigorated our fundraising efforts to build this website.
Here are the people who made the present state of the Feldenkrais Project possible, including the professionals your donations have paid!
- My passionate, talented, and patient professional team, who worked so hard, graciously answered my questions, and enabled my dreams for features and fine-tuning: thank you!
- Matt Christenson: WordPress website design by GEEK, with a personality
- Barbara Schendel: WordPress membership coding and consulting, Wizzy Wig Websites & Design for Small Business.
- Anita White, our visual artist
- Ilona Fried, self described “Feldenkrais Champion”, for project guidance including strategic planning, fundraising, marketing, writing and so much more.
- Mike and Eric, dear friends, for their many volunteered hours and good humor as they shared their technical help and audio expertise.
- My wonderful and generous wife, for her unconditional love, for believing in my vision, for supporting my long hours of website building, and for lending her voice! (“You’re listening to a Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement lesson…”).
- My four children, for all the love and fun always waiting for me when I closed the computer, and for their patience and curiosity, who at site launch are constantly asking “Is it done…yet?!!!”
Please join me in offering all these people a huge THANK YOU for undertaking a massive project and bringing us to launch!