Ingredients of Organic Learning (aka Curiosity!)
- Parasympathetic dominance (allowing ourselves to drop out of fight/flight/anxiety organizations of our nervous system, and drop fully into the rest/heal/digest/learn organization)
- Comparison/differentiation (new vs. old experience, and new vs. other new)
- Trial and error
- Novelty and variation
- Welcoming confusion
- Wonder and fascination (see this New York Times article about habit and wonder!)
- A roving, open attention for internal and external experiences, not a singular focus. “Concentrate” is not a great word. Note the “concentric,” narrowing implications.
- Willingness to daydream sometimes
- Visualization of new patterns
- Time + kindness = patience
The Feldenkrais Project is a crowd-funded labor of love. If you believe, like we do, that more people doing more Feldenkrais makes the world a better place, please consider joining the Project with a recurring monthly donation. Choose between the price of a good cup of coffee and what you’d pay to attend a single Feldenkrais or other movement class.
Maintaining this site, spreading the word, and adding content requires hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars annually. Your support really matters!
All visitors can listen to our primary lesson collections. That’s the majority of our content, over 50 high quality Feldenkrais class audio recordings, edited with the home user in mind!
With gratitude we offer additional features and content to our donors, who we call Feldenkrais Project Members or Patrons.
Join the Project as a Member
Donate $3 / month
Donate $6 / month
Donate $9 / month
Join the Project as a Patron
Donate $18 / month
Donate $45 / quarterly
Donate $150 / yearly
Patrons receive all Member benefits plus at least one new lesson per month guaranteed, and more!
One-time donations are also gratefully accepted. Click here to learn how.
Don’t want benefits, or you’re already a donor, but want to make an additional donation to support our vision of Feldenkrais for all? Thank you! Just use our Simple Donation option.
Need to cancel a recurring donation? Click here.
Get the Project Newsletter
Or click here to see all our email options, and receive our signup gift: four free lesson downloads!
“Like” or Follow the Project
We are @FeldenProject on Twitter.