Not just for Feldenkrais study, not just for somatic explorations! An unordered list intended to help you create a safe, fun, and efficient human learning environment for yourself or others. Good reminders for teachers and parents.
- Parasympathetic dominance (allowing ourselves to drop out of fight/flight/anxiety organizations of our nervous system, and drop fully into the rest/heal/digest/learn organization)
- Comparison/differentiation (new vs. old experience, and new vs. other new)
- Trial and error
- Novelty and variation
- Welcoming confusion
- Wonder and fascination (see this New York Times article about habit and wonder!)
- A roving, open attention for internal and external experiences, not a singular focus. “Concentrate” is not a great word. Note the “concentric,” narrowing implications.
- Willingness to daydream sometimes
- Visualization of new patterns
- Time + kindness = patience
Help us share Feldenkrais! Buttons share this page.